Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just Do It!

Earlier this week I was listening to Marisa's podcast, Creative Thursday. As a young artist trying to earn a living doing what I love, Marisa's podcasts really resonate with me. In one podcast she discusses perfection and how we are always waiting for things to be perfect. This gets me to thinking about the things I am waiting for (this blog for example) and I realize that I could be waiting forever.

Keeping a blog is especially scary for me because I am not totally confident in my writing skills, I have a terrible time spelling words correctly, and I often write things that later make me wince. But that is part of what made me want to start a blog, the desire to improve my writing skills. Why am I waiting for it to be perfect?!

After listening to Marisa's podcast on perfection I look back at all the times I have been frozen, waiting for things to be perfect. I am starting to realize that I will be more productive if I shift my focus from perfection, to exploration. I am starting to realize that success is in risk, not perfection. That being said, I would like to share one of my imperfect paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment