Friday, March 13, 2009

Yay Nikon!


I bought my first serious camera on Monday! It's a Nikon 35mm SLR camera kit that I found used on Amazon. After calculating cost on having slides done professionally against doing them myself I decided I'd rather DIY it. As an image junkie I've dreamed about having a "real" camera for years. The closest I've ever come is a crappy point and shoot pentax digital, that never took great pictures. I want to take pictures exactly as I see them in that moment instead of slightly darker and with different colors. The art world still hasn't caught up to the digital age, and requires that all portfolios be submitted in 35mm slide format so I didn't have to spend too much on a great camera. Now I can start selling my paintings, and document them as they are finished. Maybe I'll even start blogging more if I have some decent images to share? I've actually completed a bunch of projects over the last few months but I would have had to borrow a camera in order to photograph them. Maybe now I can blog about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment